We are “CAMPER ESCAPES LTD”, [“us, “We”], a company limited and registered in England, having a registered address at 23 New Road, Eyam, Hope Valley S32 5QY. We offer conversion kits for Volkswagen Campers [hereinafter ‘Goods’].
1. Access to our Website is conditional:
i. You accept that it may contain links to other third-party websites that We have no control over regarding the contents on, and or access to, these sites;
ii. You accept access may be withdrawn at any time without reason;
iii. You accept that We are not responsible for the security of data provided or transmitted to our Website;
iv. You accept access to our Website may be restricted and or be unavailable; and
v. You accept the Terms herein in full.
2. Any information sent directly to us by email, telephone, or direct message does not represent a binding contract on us. We reserve the right to refuse any enquiry/order(s). Terms governing your order are set out on your Order Form and should be read in conjunction to the Terms herein.
3. Please note that you take full responsibility for your participation with our Website and or our Customer Department. You may be asked to register and/or select a Username and password before creating your own account. If requested to do so, all registration information you submit to create an account must be accurate and kept up to date. We reserve the right to refuse registration of, or cancel, a Username, in our sole discretion. It is your responsibility to notify us of any changes in such information, including but not limited to your contact information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for all use of any account. Any account set up is not transferable. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of, or access to, your account or password.
4. You acknowledge and agree that when order Goods, payments may be processed by third party providers. We are not responsible for any handling fee charged by any third-party provider(s). You agree to hold us harmless for any loss incurred through any third-party processed transactions and or any information shared.
Suspension / Termination
5. We value all our Conversion Kit Customers, but We reserve the right to suspend access to any order facility/Goods where a Customer is abusive; infringes our intellectual property rights; engages in threatening, abusive, or insulting behaviour; provides fraudulent information; or repeatedly violates these Terms and/or the Order Form Terms.
6. You acknowledge and agree that We may modify, suspend, or discontinue access to our Website, if it is reasonably necessary for us to carry out any maintenance, update, or business operations; and/or to modify, limit, suspend or terminate your account if you breach any of our Terms.
7. You may cancel your account by providing notice to us via email.
8. Except as provided or as explicitly allowed by us, you may not copy, mirror, download, stream, capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, upload, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, retransmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, frame or link, make available, or otherwise use any of our content without our express permission.
9. You acknowledge and accept that all intellectual property rights (‘IPR’) vested in the content of our Website or Conversion Kit materials, including but not limited to our platform, logos, booklets, brand name, text, images, and overall look belong to us (or our affiliates). Nothing herein extends any form of IPR, licence, or permission to copy, publish, manipulate, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use in any format, said content without our express written permission.
10. While We aim to ensure accuracy, any material within our Website exists without any guarantee or warranty that it is accurate and or without fault. You hereby explicitly acknowledge and agree that We cannot guarantee any such accuracy, nor can we guarantee any specific result for your vehicle.
11. We shall not be liable for any reliance, implied conditions, warranties, or terms and or be liable for any damages for direct, indirect, consequential, special, or incidental damages or loss arising out of or related to the reliance/use of our Website / ordered Goods, irrespective of foreseeability. Further, you acknowledge and accept We disclaim liability for information provided to us by you.
12. You hereby waive any claim arising out of your use/purchase of our Website / Goods. You agree to hold us harmless for any injury, damage, harm, or loss caused by (1) following our advice, (2) using our Goods, or (3) any viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infiltrate your computer programs, data, computer equipment, or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website. You agree to indemnify and hold us, our affiliates (including manufacturers) and other partners, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including, but not limited to any legal fees due to or arising out of or in connection with your usage / interaction with our Website/Goods.
13. Customers explicitly acknowledge that our Website/Goods are not intended to replace mechanical advice/guidance. Customers should ALWAYS seek professional advice before making changes to their vehicle.
14. These Terms, and the relationship between us and our Customers, shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and each party agrees that all disputes arising out of or in connection with shall be exclusively governed by and determined in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
15. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
16. We, in our discretion, may offer users the option to sign up for our Newsletter. We reserve the right not to provide/supply/produce any or all newsletter(s). By subscribing to our Newsletter, you agree to receive emails from us, to keep you updated about items that might be interesting for you in relation to the services we provide. Subscribing to our Newsletter is not mandatory. By subscribing to our Newsletter, you agree to the following conditions:
a) The Newsletter subscription service is provided free of charge to those who give their voluntary consent.
b) You can activate Newsletter subscription on the website address CamperEscapes.com. The Newsletter service requires a device with an Internet connection, an installed and updated Internet browser and an active e-mail address.
c) To subscribe, you must provide an e-mail address, accept the content of these Terms, and sign up with the subscribe option.
d) You activate the Newsletter through a link included in an e-mail sent in response to subscription.
e) This concludes an agreement for provision of the Newsletter service for an unlimited period of time.
f) You shall retain the right to terminate the agreement for the provision of the Newsletter service with immediate effect by deactivating the subscription.
g) We reserve the right to either modify or discontinue the Newsletter, at any time, with or without prior notice. We are not liable to you, or any third party should we exercise such right.
h) We reserve the sole right to unsubscribe Users from the Newsletter service without prior notice.
i) Users agree we may promote/advertise their products and services in our Newsletter, without permission and at our sole discretion.
We recognise our obligations in meeting the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and Data Protection Act 2018 (which incorporates the GDPR, below). Therefore, We apply a strict data protection regime that is fit for purpose, effective, and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for UK laws. These Terms apply to Customers of, and visitors to, CamperEscapes.com.
We collect the minimum amount of information about Customers and/or users to help us provide efficient and evolving services. You can opt out of having your data stored by informing us at any time. All data is stored securely for a period of three years.
What Information We Collect
We may collect information that you provide to us, including but not limited to:
- Personal Processing Information such as name, home address, telephone number, email address, and payment details.
- Assessment Information, including but not limited to, vehicle registration/vehicle specifications.
- Information regarding your visit to CamperEscapes.com such as your geographical location, how you accessed our Website, devise type, browser type, duration of visit, and page views. Any of our third-party affiliates (incl. advertisers) have access to said information to help improve services and offers.
- Data relating to any payment method used, including secure details, which are processed by independent merchant providers and stored in their secure server.
- Any password associated with your account.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use information collected to provide a pleasant and efficient Customer experiences; to assist (but not guarantee) vehicle requirements. We may use information for, but not limited to:
- Send you marketing information and or promotional offers. You may opt out of these at any time.
- Assist us in the detection of fraud and to protect Customers.
- Successfully process Orders.
- Verify you and your email addresses.
- To allow social sharing functionality.
- To comply with legal obligations.
Why We Contact You
- To interact with your account.
- With the purpose of improving offers.
- To advise of special offers.
- To send you an electronic receipt.
- For market research purposes.
What Information We Share
You acknowledge and accept that We can share your information in the given limited circumstances. You may remove yourself from any mailing list.
- To interact with affiliates, such as vehicle manufacturers, to help deliver your Order. No Personal Processing Information will be shared; only Assessment Information.
- To third parties who We genuinely believe would be of interest you, in their provision of goods and or services; however, while We may share names and email addresses, We do not share home addresses and or telephone numbers.
- To complete a transaction successfully.
- To data segmentation/ selection analysts and marketing/ ranking agencies to further successful marketing campaigns and targets.
How we Protect Your Information
Data is stored in a Cloud-based server (Google Drive). We use reasonable measures to safeguard the personal information we hold about you from loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure, or modification.
Information & Marketing
In accord with what We perceive a legitimate interest We may share your details with trusted third parties and retail partners who We firmly believe would be of interest to you, via data cooperation. Cooperation systems amalgamate consumer details into databases which businesses share to analyse products and or services that may interest you.
In addition, We use certain marketing tools such as GOOGLE ANALYTICS, Active Campaign, Facebook and Twitter. Lastly, We may use remarketing tracking cookies (see below) and conversion pixels to offer you promotions and more.
We do not sell, lease, or share your personal information to anyone unless We have permission from you, unless specifically required to do so by law.
As a valued customer you have the following right to:
1) Withdraw your consent to any uses you have agreed to. We may continue to process your information after you withdraw consent if We have a lawful basis to do so and or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
2) Rectify your information if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
3) Delete your information by sending us a request by email or in writing.
4) Access any information We hold on you by submitting a written request.
As per the UK Data Protection Act 2018, We are the data controller for the statutory purposes in data processing (which implements the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) [‘the GDPR’]). You may request what information we hold about you pursuant to data protection if a European Entity. We observe the European Commission-approved Clauses as a legal mechanism for data transfers with the E.U. The collection and usage of your data is outlined above. Under GDPR provisions you have certain rights involving the rectifying of your information; erasing your information; portability and restriction of processing; object to processing; and accessing your information. You can exercise your rights by submitting a request to us as controller at CamperEscapes.com.
What are Cookies?
Cookies permit small pieces of information to be read from or placed onto your device when you visit a Website or application. The Web browser you use sends this information back to the Website so that it will remember your preferences. Cookies also ensure that adverts you see online are more bespoke. The cookies We use fall under four categories: strictly necessary, functional, performance, and targeting. You can control and manage cookies on your device; however, these changes will apply to all Websites that you visit.
We want our site to be easy to use and reliable for our customers. Cookies are necessary in providing the optimum experience. Rest assured our cookies do not store your personal information.
Via Session and Persistent Cookies, We primarily track:
- Visit Lengths and Frequency
- User Interaction
- Data Entered
- Goods of Interest
Managing Cookies in your Browser
The level of privacy settings you want are usually changeable in the browser; thus, you can block all cookies, accept all cookies, or pick a setting in-between.
By deleting cookies - any preference settings you have made will be lost. If you have set your preferences to opt out of cookies, this setting will be lost too.
By blocking all cookies - functionality on our Websites will be lost. It is not recommended to turn off all cookies when using Websites. You can reduce your cookie settings at any time, but you must use your browser settings to remove any third-party cookies from previous